SUSTAINABLE ARCHITECTURE is one that meets the needs of its occupants, anytime, anywhere, without endangering the welfare and development of future generations. Therefore, sustainable architecture involves an honest commitment to human development and social stability. "
The basic pillars on which sustainable and bioclimatic architecture is based are:
1. Optimization of resources and materials
2. Reduction of energy consumption and promote renewable energy
3. Reduction of waste and emissions
4. Decreased maintenance, operation and use of buildings
5. Enhancing the quality of life of the occupants of the buildings